This program is available to organizations involved in the rescue of multiple Briards each year. It was established to streamline the funding process for organizations that are involved in numerous Briard rescues where the individual dog assistance program may become cumbersome. This is an annual grant program. All organizations must be an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Organizations utilizing this program cannot apply for assistance through the Individual Dog Assistance program in the same 12 month period as stated on your Grant Application.
All grants must be approved by a majority vote of the Trustees. In determining the amount of a grant, the Trustees will take into consideration the various financial challenges faced by organizations that rescue multiple dogs. Several but not all of the factors we will look at are, the number of Briards rescued, the ratio of Briards to non Briards rescued, the size of the organization and overhead costs compared to individual dog expenses. When submitting an application it is very important that you tell us as much as possible about your organization.
The requirements for receiving a Grant include completing our Grant Program Application and meeting the following criteria:
- Verification that your organization is a 501(c)(3) Non Profit per IRS rules.
- Names and contact information for all officers & managers.
- Copy of your founding documents.
- Copy of your current tax return and Profit and Loss Statement (current within last 6 months).
- Copy of your rescue policies and guidelines.
- Confirmation that all possible efforts were made to return the dog to the owner and/or breeder, except when to do so would compromise the welfare of the dog.
- Micro Chip identification policy- All dogs must be micro-chipped.
- Spay / Neuter policy - all dogs must be spayed or neutered unless returned to owner or breeder.
- Commitment to educating those individuals who are interested in adopting a rescue dog and ensuring proper placement of each dog.
- Agreement to take the rescue dog back at any time during the life of the dog.
- Know and abide by applicable local and state laws.
See our Grant Program Application.